Sunday, October 21, 2007

Thank you sweetheart

Girl friend (noun): Someone who'll stand by you through all the trouble you wouldn't have had if you'd stayed single.
I wonder why people are afraid of getting into a relationship and committing themselves. I strongly disagree with those who say that making a girl friend or boy friend in the sense of committing oneself is like writing your own death warrant. Statements like "ye to gaya kam se...ab to barbad ho gaya" etc etc become common place once somebody begins to have an affair. It is conveniently presumed, wrongly though, that a person becomes careless and irresponsible and will divert and digress from his path or lose focus; but these are all groundless speculations and are very rarely true.

I personally believe that committing to somebody is the best way to become responsible and matured in life. It teaches you so many things. I am indebted to my sweetheart for bearing me so far throughout our relationship, which has actually made me a better person and transformed me into a responsible man from a careless lad (to what extent and to what level of satisfaction is a complex issue and I will not dwell into that for the time being!!).

For starters, I have surely become more responsible. I make sure I sms my gf a Good morning and a Goodnight msg everyday!! Also when I know I'm going to become unavailable on phone for the next few hours or so (specially when I am going off to sleep) I leave a msg so that the noble heart doesn't get anxiety attacks on my not responding to her calls.

I have actually managed to memorise her birthday along with the birthday of her mummy, papa, bhaiya, dada, bua and a number of her friends (Though I must admit I am still struggling hard with the birthdays of her chacha, chachi, bade mama, badi mami, chote mama, choti mami and not to forget her cousins). I now also remember all our anniversaries and that reminds me today it has been exactly 11 months since my sweetheart proposed to me and I accepted (I don't know why she keeps on insisting that it was the other way round). Happy 11 month Anniversary Dear Other than above I also manage to remember which are the days madam has tests, presentations and/or assignment submissions so that I can wish her luck.

Enough of remembering dates, if you people have started to feel that my relationship has only turned me into the "Scheduler Application" of a cell phone then there is more. I have started listening to people now. My relationship has definitely taught me how important it is to listen to what your girlfriend is speaking and that no matter how good you are at putting up a pretense, you would invariably be caught by a question like What yes yes!! You are not listening...tell me what did i just say?? and then you've had it. I have learnt that God has given man one mouth and two ears so that he could listen to the woman more and speak less; and that while the woman also has got only one mouth, but she has been provided with two ears of her boyfriend as well so that she can be heard and two ears of her own to hang earrings which her boyfriend has bought for her for his own pleasure and satisfaction.

Another transformation in me is that I have become more considerate. I now normally don't reply "So what do I do" or "You take rest..am going" if somebody now tells me that he's not feeling well or is upset. My relationship has taught me that not only are these remarks rude, crude, uncouth and despicable but that they could be fatal at times as well.

I know by now you would have got a glimpse of the brand new Harsh Singh but I am tempted to divulge more and since this is my blog you can not do a thing to stop me. So here I go....I now reply to mails checking them more often. It is not like earlier days now that an e card sent to me would go in the trash can unopened. I have now understood the importance of replying to a card, preferably with a card in return.

I have started appreciating romantic things in life, for eg mushy songs like "Teri Yadein", "Beete lamhe", etc etc. And of course not to forget flowers!! I now feel such an attraction for them that even if I have to suffer a loss of Rs 10/- per stem of a flower I happily undergo the sacrifice. I have also started reading novels by Nicholas Sparks and I feel I can now identify with girls better as all of them seem to have read all his works (though I must admit that the Sparks character is fairly not as popular among guys..I wonder why?).

How can I not tell you that I have become less lazy. I can now sit down and write long mails, longer letters and of course voluminous testimonials and blogs on demand or otherwise. I am also learning to suppress my sleep and stay up till late to talk to (or listen to..whatever!) my girlfriend all through the night. I am now able to drag myself to shops to buy birthday gifts and other presents for different occasions.

Although the list is endless I would just add one more side effect of my relationship that has changed me for better. I have understood that cigarette smoking is actually injurious to health and almost devastating for a relationship although a couple of pegs now and then is okay as it helps in going on endlessly praising one's better half and sing glories about the unending and infinite love, without having the knowledge or guilt of lying (:P)

I love you sweetheart!!

9 comments:

dreamer said...

now this is undoubtedly your best blog and i'm sure yr girlfriend will agree ;)
u coludnt have given her a better gift on yr anniversary..:)
though i'm very sure "most" of it is exaggeration but still very very sweet!!!
love ya

Devil's Alternative said...

now ms avi..you see yr appreciation of my blog is welcome but if you siogn off with a "love ya" and God forbid my gf reads it specially on our "11th month anniversary" then there actually would be a chance of our getting together and having fun ;)

Dreamcatcher said...

very tongue-in-cheek
and such a good boy types picture too :P

Tito said...

That was really sweet. God Bless you and your love. Though I still think a woman looks most beautiful with her lips closed.

P.S. Tu barbaad ho gaya mere dost!

Gee said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....mushy is the word for this one....
hah...you don't come across such posts quite often...verrrrryyy shweeeet.

Prasoon said...

Now now, this was sweeet n yes, twas a hilarious read.

rotflol at that remembering chacha, chachi's etc birthday - sheesh - she remembers them? You'd ace in memory tests am sure ;-)

Anonymous said...

i've hardly come across guys of ur make. Cheers to u n her :)

Tejaswy said...

you were born alone and you will die alone....untill and unless you are a victim of a genocide

accept it

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.